5 tips to get rid of indigestion naturally
Indigestion is different from heartburn and it is not an illness. It is a series of symptoms that occur shortly after you eat. This could be brought on by eating the wrong thing the wrong way. A few symptoms of indigestion include:
Burning in the stomach or upper abdomen
Bloating (full feeling)
Belching and gas
Nausea and vomiting
Indigestion is common, and people of all ages and both sexes are affected by it. Risk increases with the following:
- Excess alcohol consumption
- Use of drugs that may irritate the stomach, such as aspirin and other pain relievers
- Conditions where there is an abnormality in the digestive tract, such as an ulcer
- Emotional problems, such as anxiety or depression
- Cigarette smoking
- Steroid medications
- Irritable bowel syndrome
A few changes can help cut down on indigestion if you occasionally experience it.
- Stop smacking so you do not ingest too much air when you eat, try chewing with your mouth closed and slowing the pace at which you eat
- Iron supplements may also contribute to indigestion
- Consider adding some of these foods to your diet: ginger, oatmeal, non-citrus fruits, egg whites, and healthy fats
- Monitor your stress and anxiety level
- Avoid late-night meals, then sit up and relax after a meal and don’t lie down too quickly; common foods that trigger indigestion include fatty, greasy, spicy, and/or highly acidic foods
If you frequently have indigestion or it lasts more than a couple of weeks, then you may want to speak with your primary care physician. Unusual indigestion may be accompanied by shortness of breath, sweating, chest pain, or pain radiating to the jaw, neck, or arm.
Leave a comment
Also in Black Beard News
Brushes are perfect for helping to train your beard to lay on your face, instead of flying in every direction. If you notice a substantial increase in hair being shed, you may be brushing your beard too much.
In 2009, No-Shave November became something more than just a name. An organization was started to make it their mission to raise awareness and funds to support various charities that are working towards a cure.
Adequate water intake will help keep your skin hydrated and may promote collagen production which helps in hair growth and hair regeneration. Collagen is a fibrous protein beneficial for our skin and hair growth. It’s actually the most abundant protein present in the body.